"Nyaungshwe - Gateway to Inle Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Nyaungshwe by herzog63
Nyaungshwe Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 170 photos
If you go to the canal that runs to the market from the main canal early in the morning you can see the locals from other villages coming in to sell their wares! It is an awesome site to see. It is a very busy time. I'm not sure how the boats turn around as the canal is quite narrow and the canal stops so they must row the boats out backwards. I didn't stay around to see what they did.
- Pros:Inle Lake is nearby
- In a nutshell:Beautiful
You will see people walking along the roads sometimes they will be walking for miles to go to town as they can't afford... more travel advice
Some of the scenes were just so beautiful! I know the farmers have a hard life of long working hours, low pay etc..But... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Nyaungshwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Venice but not far off."
- "Nyaungshwe - Gateway to Inle Lake"
- "Nyaung Shwe"
- "Mingalabar Nyaungshwe"
- "Nyaungshwe home of the Inle Lake visitor"
- "Touristic Hub of Inle Lake."
- "Entrypoint for Inle Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nyaungshwe
- Hotels in Nyaungshwe
- Transportation in Nyaungshwe
- Nightlife in Nyaungshwe
- Restaurants in Nyaungshwe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nyaungshwe
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Nyaungshwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nyaungshwe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues