"Sagaing - One of the Ancient Cities" Sagaing by herzog63
Sagaing Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 53 photos
I visited Sagaing as part of my Ancient Cities tour that I did by hiring a taxi for the day out of Mandalay. Sagaing is quite interesting as it is set up on the hills that give great views of the area including the Ayerwaddy River and the Ava Bridge. Sagaing was the the capital of the country and or the area states at different times so there are some interesting buildings to see. There are also alot of Buddhist Monasteries in the area that would me nice to visit.
- Pros:Lot's of Payas,Great Views
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit
It would be good to have some smaller bills such as 100 and 200 Kyat notes for buying snacks outside the Payas. The... more travel advice
Here is a shot of a local farm that I took just outside of Sagaing.It might be interesting to try to make a homestay at... more travel advice
herzog63's Related Pages
Sagaing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagaing - One of the Ancient Cities"
- "Holy Hill dotted with Whitewashed Stupas"
- "Hill of monasteries and nunaries...,"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagaing
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Sagaing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagaing
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues