"Palitana" Palitana by herzog63
Palitana Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 14 photos
Palitana is a pretty cool town! It is the center of the Jain Religion. They are very strict vegetarians and also do not want to hurt any living creature. They even wear face masks so not to inhale a bug! I don't really know enough about it to give much information. I walked up the mountain on a Pilgrimage with a guy that spoke very good English. The top of the mountain is covered by 100's of temples! And the view from the top is Awesome also!
- Pros:Great People!
- In a nutshell:Well worth the effort!!!
herzog63's Related Pages
Palitana Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Palitana
- Hotels in Palitana
- Transportation in Palitana
- Shopping in Palitana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palitana
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Palitana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palitana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 104 reviews, 179 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 66 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buskin River State Recreation Site Intro, 69 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai Intro, 53 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 68 reviews, 71 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 61 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 59 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park Intro, 45 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puffin Island Intro, 38 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nampan Intro, 44 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues