"Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!" Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque by shdw100

Palenque Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 728 photos

Palenque is probably the most facinating Mayan city that I have ever been too. It is the creme de la creme of archeological sites in Mexico. Situated in the tropical jungles of Chiapas, the city almost takes on a life of it's own again with the mists rising from the morning heat. The green backdrop paints an almost perfect picture of how you would picture a typical Mayan ruin. There was so much to see and do that this place will keep you occupied for a whole day!

• Last visit to Palenque: May 2003
  • Intro Written Jun 6, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 5:51 AM

great pics!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 2:28 PM

Impressive place ! Dave, thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to go here myself in a couple of weeks. Eleven years ago I visited Chitzen Itza and Uxmal, but didn´t make it to Palenque.

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 7:11 PM

I can see why you love this place....it sure looks unique and very beautiful....

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2005 at 8:38 AM

Another fascinating place to add to ever growing list. This is a great page. I'm not that familiar with Palenque...thanks for a good start for my research...Tom

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Great page and nice pictures,Palenque looks like an amazing place to see.I loved your intro photo sp.Greetings from Spain!!!

• Thestumps's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 9:12 PM

I was just there a week ago, took some 70 pictures. From my new digital camera. I was in UXMAL a couple of years ago. Impressive as well. Art work in Chiapas is incredible.

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 11:56 AM

Palenque is one of the most amazing places I have been to. It's great to go wandering in the jungle and look at the ruins. Great pages!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 2:21 AM

loved your photos!

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 10:09 AM

Great photos & info.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 9:55 AM

Great page! I am sorry, that I am late for your birthday! Happy belated birthday!

shdw100

“There is no excellence without work”

Badges & Stats in Palenque

Have you been to Palenque?

Photos in Palenque