"Mayan Decendents" Top 5 Page for this destination San Cristóbal de Las Casas by shdw100

San Cristóbal de Las Casas Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 600 photos

I have always wanted to visit San Cristobal ever since I read an ethnography in college about it. Well, I finally got here, and I was somewhat impressed. This is the place to come and see the Mayan decendents, as pictured with this lovely woman sitting on a park bench in the Zocalo. I love the native culture of Mexico, their faces and style! So different, yet so refreshing and simple. This is a very brief overview of what I saw in San Cristobal as I had very little time here, but I hope to return again someday (but I may fly in next time as you can read about my bus ride in the warnings and dangers section)

• Pros:Wonderful Indeginous People
  • Cons:Too little time to spend there!
  • In a nutshell:Great place in the mountains of Mexico
  • Last visit to San Cristóbal de Las Casas: May 2003
  • Intro Written Jun 6, 2003

• patricia1.nunez's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Corrections: Elote not helote...can be mayo or sour cream. is not parmessan cheese its is called fresh table or adobera cheese,,,is not paprika is chili powder...

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Hi Dave, still a few weeks to go... and I will be around in this town. I hope you and your family are doing well.

• carome's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 3:56 AM

Travel in frist class buses...no hard seats, temperature pretty consistent. Very reasonable prices.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2004 at 11:58 AM

Another excellent page Dave. I especially liked your story about the bus ride! Your photos and descriptions of the local townfolk were terrific. Thanks for sharing.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 10:34 PM

this is a wonderul page Dave, why haven't I been here bevor! superb intro....oh yes how true that is in your L.C. thanx or the humanity reminder.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2003 at 11:16 AM

Great page of this wonderful city!

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2003 at 11:01 AM

Very nice page on the most exotic city of Mexico!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 7:22 AM

I loved your bus ride!! The thing I like best about those long journeys is the arrival!! Sounds like a wonderful place!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 1:01 PM

an interesting page and some lovely photos

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 2:17 AM

I'm sat in my chair, feeling quite sick myself as I read your story about the bus, what a terrible journey, but I see maybe it was worth it to visit such a lovely town. Thanks Dave :0)

shdw100

“There is no excellence without work”

Badges & Stats in San Cristóbal de Las Casas

Have you been to San Cristóbal de Las Casas?

Photos in San Cristóbal de Las Casas