"Only swamp left in the US" Congaree Swamp National Monument by shdw100
Congaree Swamp National Monument Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 101 photos
On our whirlwind 2 week vacation of the Southeastern US, we stopped in South Carolina and went to this National Monument. It is the only remaining swamp left in the US. We got there during the dry season, so it wasn't as swampy as you would think, but still fun. They have these boardwalks that are throughout the park that you can walk on and observe the natural habitat.
The reason I will remember this park so well is because when we got here, we just learned that the terrorists had attacked in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. It was a sad day listening to the radio and I was in unbelief. We had just been in D.C. two days prior and had thought of going to NY instead of Florida. I'm glad we did not.
- Pros:Cool place to explore nature
- Cons:A little hot and humid
- In a nutshell:Great activity for the kids!
shdw100's Related Pages
Congaree Swamp National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "congaree swamp national park"
- "A Winter Visit to Congaree Swamp"
- "National Monument to National Park"
- "Basaic Congaree National Park Page"
- "Holiday Congaree Trip"
- "Cold day in the forest"
- "Only swamp left in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- Hotels in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Congaree Swamp National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Congaree Swamp National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Congaree Swamp National Monument
Photos in Congaree Swamp National MonumentSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico Intro, 30 reviews, 26 photos
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Springs Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monte Albán Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue