""Eureka!" Springs" Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka Springs by shdw100

Eureka Springs Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 745 photos

Eureka Springs is one of those little places nestled in the Ozark Mountains of Northern Arkansas. I first visited here when I was 4, and from what I remember it was great! Well, it has not lost much of it's charm since my return, although it has become a little more touristy from what I remember. We came here specifically to see the wonderful fall colors, but also to take in some of the sites as well. I was quite impressed with what I saw as the place has grown a bit!

• Pros:Wonderful place nestled in the hills
  • Cons:A little touristy
  • In a nutshell:Great place to come and relax
  • Last visit to Eureka Springs: Oct 2003
  • Intro Written Oct 27, 2003

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Very nice page and good tips,Eureka Springs looks like a interesting area to see.Great page!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 12:31 PM

Excellent job. Narrative is easy to following and enjoyable, especially for those of us who have been there. Great tips.

• camilo74's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2003 at 6:59 AM

Eureka!! What a beautiful place !

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 10:12 AM

Lovely little town

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 9:25 PM

I'd like to visit this area. The Passion Play seems to be all over the south. An amazing Quigley house.. can't keep a woman waiting.:-) The on/off trip on the trolley sounds a good deal. Great memories to have and good tips too.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 3:06 PM

What a wonderful autumn colors!! I don't know if it's allowed burning leaves here. Today we brought tens of barrows out of our garden to a collection point nearby.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 1:56 PM

What a cool sacrifice to get the bigger house! I miss the smell of burning leaves in the fall....we have spruce trees in Kodiak so No leaves...Wonderful Autumn page!!

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 11:46 AM

Sorry to hear you suffered from a stomach flu. - burning leaves is also not allowed in Saxony but in our adjacent state Saxony-Anhalt. We usually smuggle our leaves to S-A to burn them

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 5:47 AM

What a wonderful page, Dave! Wow, that Mrs. sure wanted to have a new house - LOVE that story!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 11:15 PM

I found it Eureka!!!!! I live in Eureka Street ^..^ what a sweet page Dave....and such excellent Travelogues. thanx for sharing

shdw100

“There is no excellence without work”

Badges & Stats in Eureka Springs

Have you been to Eureka Springs?

Latest Activity in Eureka Springs