"WALK IN BEAUTY" Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona by madamx

Arizona Travel Guide: 10,629 reviews and 28,976 photos

In Beauty may you walk.
All day long may you walk.
Through the returning seasons may you walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may you walk.
With grasshoppers about your feet may you walk.
With dew about your feet may you walk.

With Beauty may you walk.
With Beauty before you, may you walk.
With Beauty behind you, may you walk.
With Beauty above you, may you walk.
With Beauty below you, may you walk.
With Beauty all around you, may you walk.

In old age wandering on a trail of Beauty,
lively, may you walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of Beauty,
living again, may you walk.
It is finished in Beauty.
It is finished in Beauty.

Navajo Blessing

ARIZONA IS AMAZING

We spent two weeks in Arizona, and have discovered that this, to us, was a trip of a lifetime.

We have fallen in love with everything Arizona: The warm, friendly people (and great weather), the gorgeous and huge variety of scenery, and the adventure of discovering native ruins and petroglyphs.

COMMUNE WITH THE CACTI

If you still think ( like I did) that the desert is just sand dunes, you must come and discover what the desert here is all about.

It is teeming with wildlife and plantlife. Plan to arrive when the desert is in bloom (April - May) and you will be in awe of the beauty around you. It was so much fun for us to see the awesome Saguaro cacti, as our only experience with them was watching Roadrunner/Bugs Bunny cartoons as a kids.

• In a nutshell:Remember: The Grand Canyon is Just a Small Part of Arizona
  • Last visit to Arizona: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2006

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Great Arizona pics! You have places I haven't even visited and I live here! Hehehe, thanks for sharing, Norman :)

• Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 1:49 PM

do you realize you been home for 3 months now?

• drombom's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 8:38 PM

What a lovely place Helen, such a change form the hussle of cities. I love the redness of bell rock and the ancient paintings

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2007 at 8:53 AM

What's funny is that I told him on special occasions, it wasn't cats but hamsters. Needless to say, the relationship ended very quick! =)

• Jul 19, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Stunning pics and great tips! Arizona is on the top of my wish list... Thanks for sharing and happy travelling!!!

• zuriga's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Lovely pics, Helen. I lived in Tucson for 2 winters and really miss it. I should be retired and living there but ended up near London. I smiled a lot looking at Sedona. :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Wow, this is a beautiful page about one of the most beautiful US states :-) Ah, yes, San Xavier du Bac is so much enchanting ! And sad to hear that Sedona got worse. But.. scenery and people are lovely :-) smiles from here :-)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Great tips, Arizona is one of my favorite places!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Thanks, Helen. I saved several of your tips including the soft ice cream one. That will be important if we go there with Nick.

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Well at least its not the last laugh :o)

madamx

“*meeeep*”

Badges & Stats in Arizona

Have you been to Arizona?

Latest Activity in Arizona