Escalante Things to Do Tips by gtmwander Top 5 Page for this destination
Escalante Things to Do: 7 reviews and 13 photos
Drive Hwy 12 over the unbelievably narrow Hogsback, stop by an Anasazi Village, and then drive across the scenic heights of Boulder Mountain
You might not want to drive the Hogsback if you are scared of heights. We drove south across the Hogsback (heading downhill to Escalante). One minute you are driving across mountains at 9000 feet, next you seem to be driving on a very long and winding narrow ribbon of road (can't call it two lanes wide) with really no shoulders and from the car you can't see land beyond one or two feet on either side of the road. No U-turns recommended! Incredible views.
Directions: Hwy 12 to the Northeast of Escalante and Southwest of Boulder.
Other Contact: http://www.so-utah.com/hwy12/hog
More Reviews (1)
gtmwander's Related Pages
Escalante Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life at the End of the Road"
- "Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument"
- "Escalante is in an Enormous Wide Open Territory."
- "Escalante In the Grand Staircase"
- "gtmwander's Escalante Page"
- "mafootje's new Escalante Page"
- "Escalante, a different way seeing petrified wood"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Escalante
- Hotels in Escalante
- Transportation in Escalante
- Restaurants in Escalante
- Warnings and Dangers in Escalante
- See All...
Explore the World
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Sandbridge Beach Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- James Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Escalante
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Escalante?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Escalante
Photos in EscalanteSee All Photos (2)
Top 5 Pages
- Australia Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Escalante Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Moab Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Los Angeles 2 reviews
- London 1 review
No friends yet.
Latest Escalante hotel reviews
- Circle D Motel
- 483 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013