"Around the world" orke's Profile

Hi

I,m Or from Israel, I like to travel a lot especially to Canada and the U.S

my wishlist include mostly cold places (loooove it) such as alaska, Greenland Patagonia and Scandinavia

some sites and blogs:

I also started a blog -
Travel Daily Tip

ooohhh and by the way, a friend and me own these 2 really funny stupid sites (speakers on) - so have fun
iiiiiiii
La la laa

we got married

- between sep 28 -oct 22 2005 we traveled to nyc, Boston, Niagara falls, upstate ny , new England and east Canada - we got married in nyc and we had a party in Israel on nov 13 - i uploaded some pages i made with pics from the party to an album here.

2004
the trip was wonderful - we had the best time over there and we got some snow at Yellowstone np and at rocky mt np at Colorado - it was great - i love snow!!!!!!

the trip:
1 sep - 13 oct
seattle - vancouver - canadian rockies - glacier np - yellowstone and teton - mt rushmore and the erea , badlands np- colorado - southern utah np's - page- antelope canyon - vegas - road #1 - S.F and back home

Around the World - My site

my web site is a traveling advice page (hebrew and english) u can send ur traveling tips and info and i publish it so people who r planning their trip can find out what people think about places (and not what books says about it)

i also have photo gallery forum and more

Places ive been to

1982 - 1983 - we lived in Edmonton, Alberta and in palo alto, California - i went to kindergarten there and i had a great time (i remember visiting the Rockies and stuff....and it was cold - just the way i like it....:-) (Alberta was cold...palo alto...not so much)
1985 - Greece - my grandfather celebrated his 80th birthday and took all of the family (17 people) to a 10 days trip to Greece)

1987 - 1 month vacation at south Africa - my dad was teaching there

1989 -syracuse - my dad spent a semester teaching there and we joined for few weeks

1993 - England and Scotland - just a summer trip

1994- 2 weeks visit to Hungary - it was a group from school

1995 - Florida+Washington DC+new England

1996 - Sinai, Turkey

1997 - London - just b4 joining the army

1998 - ARMY!!!!! CANT LEAVE ISRAEL

1999 - USA & Canada the Canadian Rockies, Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP Teton NP and NYC

2000 - Amsterdam Amsterdam - 8 days visit with a friend

2001 - USA & Canada - 2 months trip to Amsterdam, Iceland, Belgium, West Coast of Canada and west USA (WA, Oregon, Utah California, Nevada, Arizona )

2002 - 1 month trip around east Canada , the maritime provinces (new Brunswick , nova scotia, Newfoundland and PEI) and new England

2003 - didn't go anywhere :-(

FEB 2004 - Atlanta -2 weeks with dad (teaching at GSU)

MARCH 2004-Lapland - winter vacation (dog sledding, aurora, ice breaker and more

May 2004 - Istanbul for a weekend

sep-oct 2004 - the Canadian and American Rockies and more

Sep -Oct 2005 - north east USA and east Canada with friends and my new hubby (got married at NYC city hall)

April 2006 - Germany , Austria and Swiss

Sep 2007 - Italy (Tuscany) - my dad took us all for his birthday

Oct 2007 - NYC and Atlantic city (conference from work)

June 2008 - 2 weeks Stockholm and Norway

Nov 2008 - Las Vegas (conference from work)

April 2009 - Northern Italy, Swiss, Slovenia and Croatia

May 2010 - London (conference from work)

Sep 2010 - Barcelona

1.Alaska + north of Canada - DONE
2. Chile.......

3. Scandinevia - emmm expensive - DONE

4. New zealand

5. greenland (hope i really get there someday)

Kfir and Me

currently i live in Zoran (small town), with my husband Kfir and our weimaraner dog Jolene

my top 5 (or so) list

some of my favorite places :-) (not in order - it was hard enough just to think which places to include - lol)

top countries: Iceland, Finland, Canada, USA, Norway

top cities: Moscow (Russia), Bergen (Norway), Prague (CZ), San Francisco (USA), Las Vegas (usa), Vancouver (Canada), Budapest (Hungary), Victoria (Canada), Reykjavik (Iceland), Halifax (Canada), Stockholm (Sweden), Homer (AK, USA)

top nature spots: Canadian Rockies, arches NP, Bryce NP (both in Utah), Fundy bay (Canada) , Newfoundland (Canada), glacier NP (Montana), Golffus (Iceland), Alaska, havasu falls, the wave at utah

top experiences: Lapland winter experiences!!!!!!, B&B's in the maritime provinces in Canada, Iceberg watching in Newfoundland (Canada), hiking the wave, hiking the subway, hiking to havasu falls and swim in them....

i think that's it for now - ill be back for updates :-))

• Intro Updated Nov 7, 2012

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Late birth day greeting form Kathmandu, Nepal

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your special day.

• orke's Profile Photo
      Nov 8, 2014 at 11:05 AM

thank you....just came back from a 3 weeks vacation in Hawaii - so i did most of the celebrations over there ;)

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
      Nov 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

You're welcome:) I love Hawaii, it is where I grew up. Have a great day.

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Happy B/D!

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Happy, happy birthday, OR! Hope your day is special in every way!
    I LOVE that picture of The Wave! The lottery slots are so impossible to get that we haven't even tried to do that!

• orke's Profile Photo
      Nov 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM

thank you so much.....re the wave - such a magical place - u have to try, just try online and if u win - go - its one of the best hikes.....:)

• goshtasb's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM

thank you orke for your accept.
    interesting intro/ photo
    all like to have a photo of themselves in this rocky region!

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Happy B/D!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Happy Birthday Or! Have a great day.

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Happy Birthday!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!