"Schloss Marienburg" Schloß Marienburg by chancay
Schloß Marienburg Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 22 photos
well, although it´s only half an hour drive from me I have never been here before... and I was quite impressed by it.
What´s less nice was the way to protect this castle. On all walls barb wire, the loop-holes closed with bricks and snappish dogs strolling around inside the walls...so it wasnt a very inviting place at all but anyway worth the visit. There is a museum as well, but currently closed.
children and their eye for the real truth:
just when I was taking this photo a little girl next to me said that this black dog has two heads...and when this scary dog turned around and we all realised that she was right...;-)) ....really devilish watchdogs on this castle.....
- Pros:impressive construction, beautiful scenery
- Cons:seems like a high security prison inside old walls
- In a nutshell:impressive views, absurdly protections
Written Mar 28, 2006
some impressions of the castle
Written Mar 28, 2006
chancay's Related Pages
Schloß Marienburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marienburg Castle - one of the last of its kind"
- "Schloss Marienburg"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloß Marienburg
- 0 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Schloß Marienburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloß Marienburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 76 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osnabrück Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 21 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues