Amsterdam Warnings Or Dangers Tips by chancay
Amsterdam Warnings and Dangers: 489 reviews and 298 photos
Arriving in AMS we first searched a parking place in the streets near the main station to have a look for a tourist information. An hour later back at the car the CARDOOR WAS BROKEN!!! Damn!! Finally nothing important was stolen, the thiefs searched probably for the car papers, but I had them with me. Nevertheless the shock was high! Well, so we went to a police station and asked as well where parking is most safe in AMS.....what the really friendly policeman said was: IN THE STREETS! and most safe: IN THE STREETS IN FRONT OF POLICE STATION.....hahaha, well, I had my car just left there and our hotel was by chance as well near, so I left my car there....but it was so incredible expensive!!....
But first a bit more about parking places in AMS: the policeman told us that there is much more robbery in the (even MORE expensive!) parking houses that are controlled by several cameras than in the streets. Surprise!
Alternatively to save money you can leave your car on big "park & ride" places outside the city (but even less save) and use then public transport...normally I would have done that, but after my car was once broken, I didn´t trust anymore in those places and prefered to leave the car next to police station. Result:
For 2 and a half day I payed more than 65 Euro there for the car. MAD!!!...
So, if you don´t have to go by car to AMS; don´t do it!! You don´t need the car in Amsterdam, there is good public transport, bikes, ships, whatever to use.
thick feet ;-)
There is a lot of public tranpsort in AMS and as a very good alternative you can rent a bike! Do so if you are planning to stroll around a lot on AMS; because the ways are often longer than expected and feet may hurt after a while...
Other Contact: have a break!!
More Reviews (22)
- Sex Museum
- Café Cuba
- Hotel - Pub - combination
- See All Bycicle, Bycicle, ....
chancay's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 24 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Travel Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Forum "Re: Lima how many nights do you..."
- Commented on one of sydmar's Amsterdam travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sex Museum about Sex Museum in Amsterdam Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "this is a robbery ;-)"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdamed"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 76 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osnabrück Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 21 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do