Amsterdam Warnings Or Dangers Tips by chancay
Amsterdam Warnings and Dangers: 495 reviews and 311 photos
Arriving in AMS we first searched a parking place in the streets near the main station to have a look for a tourist information. An hour later back at the car the CARDOOR WAS BROKEN!!! Damn!! Finally nothing important was stolen, the thiefs searched probably for the car papers, but I had them with me. Nevertheless the shock was high! Well, so we went to a police station and asked as well where parking is most safe in AMS.....what the really friendly policeman said was: IN THE STREETS! and most safe: IN THE STREETS IN FRONT OF POLICE STATION.....hahaha, well, I had my car just left there and our hotel was by chance as well near, so I left my car there....but it was so incredible expensive!!....
But first a bit more about parking places in AMS: the policeman told us that there is much more robbery in the (even MORE expensive!) parking houses that are controlled by several cameras than in the streets. Surprise!
Alternatively to save money you can leave your car on big "park & ride" places outside the city (but even less save) and use then public transport...normally I would have done that, but after my car was once broken, I didnīt trust anymore in those places and prefered to leave the car next to police station. Result:
For 2 and a half day I payed more than 65 Euro there for the car. MAD!!!...
So, if you donīt have to go by car to AMS; donīt do it!! You donīt need the car in Amsterdam, there is good public transport, bikes, ships, whatever to use.
thick feet ;-)
There is a lot of public tranpsort in AMS and as a very good alternative you can rent a bike! Do so if you are planning to stroll around a lot on AMS; because the ways are often longer than expected and feet may hurt after a while...
Other Contact: have a break!!
More Reviews (22)
- Sex Museum
- Café Cuba
- Hotel - Pub - combination
- See All Bycicle, Bycicle, ....
chancay's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 24 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hannover Intro, 76 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 32 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 36 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 44 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hamburg Intro, 23 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osnabrück Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 22 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oruro Intro, 21 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rijksmuseum- 215 Reviews, 366 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 243 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 167 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Coffee (Cannabis) shops- 126 Reviews, 141 Photos
- Dam Square- 93 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Canals- 83 Reviews, 173 Photos
- Koninklijk Paleis - Royal Palace- 94 Reviews, 146 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 97 Reviews, 136 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do