"Utah Homebase for My Skiing Vacation!" Salt Lake City by Jmill42

Salt Lake City Travel Guide: 524 reviews and 1,255 photos

My undergraduate graduation present from my family was a ski/snowboard trip to Utah! My rating of the 4 resorts we went to goes like this: 1) Solitude 2) Snowbird 3)Snowbasin 4) Canyons. Solitude is awesome, no lines great slopes for every level. The Canyons sucked so hard we left early! Snowbird rocked with great slopes, but a little on the crowded side. Definitely worth it, though. Snowbasin probably would have been higher on my list but it was a long drive from where we stayed in Salt Lake.

My Favorite Utah Resort

Solitude resort was my favorite out of the bunch that we went to. It didn't have the best runs, but it definitely lived up to its name. No one was there! You had your own slopes 75% of the time. That and the atmosphere made it my choice.

• Pros:Beautiful, beautiful land!
  • Cons:Non-existent nightlife
  • Last visit to Salt Lake City: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2003

• Bavavia's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

beautiful picture!! good tip on salt lake in winter, i will keep that in mind! i go in a few weeks just for a couple of days..

• Apr 6, 2006 at 1:37 PM

Solitude is my favorite as well. This was also the 1st place I went after my freak accident.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2004 at 2:57 AM

Skied Solitude 4 just 1 day in Dec 97 while visiting an old college friend, her U.S. husband & their ch'n in SLC. Loved it too!, But still prefer Taos! Never seen so many blue eyed blondes in my life b4 & we have lots here in Oz!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 3:45 PM

Great personal experience page, I really enjoyed it thanks Jason.

• Monique_T's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 10:46 AM

Great pic of the inversion. Nice skiing place.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 4:17 AM

Never thought of Utah as a skiing place, but your page showed me, that it is!!! And what a nice place, too!!

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 12:51 PM

Very COOL page. Always love a good ski trip.

Jmill42

“Live With Passion!”

Badges & Stats in Salt Lake City

Have you been to Salt Lake City?

Latest Activity in Salt Lake City