"Auschwitz" Top 5 Page for this destination Oswiecim by Jmill42
Oswiecim Travel Guide: 367 reviews and 995 photos
I am a huge history buff, especially with the WWII era. So, obviously, one of the most important places I wanted to visit was Auschwitz and Birkenau. Though I have seen Hollywood reproductions, read endless stories and viewed hundreds of photos, nothing prepared me for how I felt actually being there. To liken it to anything I, or anyone else, has faced would be to greatly belittle the terror that these people faced everyday. We can only try and learn from history's horrible relics.
- Pros:Maybe one of the most important historical places on Earth
- Cons:Those who go here and don't show respect
To say the least, you will not be able to miss noticing the fence. It is a menacing collection of concrete and wire,... more travel advice
At the very back of the complex is the "Lake of Ashes." So dubbed because of the gray color of the water brought about... more travel advice
Jmill42's Related Pages
Oswiecim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auschwitz: A factory of death"
- "The Sad Auschwitz Camp..."
- "Auschwitz - A production line of death"
- "AUSCHWITZ ----- BIRKENAU"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oswiecim
- Hotels in Oswiecim
- Transportation in Oswiecim
- Restaurants in Oswiecim
- Shopping in Oswiecim
- Warnings and Dangers in Oswiecim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oswiecim
- 22 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Oswiecim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oswiecim
Photos in OswiecimSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 83 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 37 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 38 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 36 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 39 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 28 reviews, 54 photos