"Fabulous Florence" Florence by Jmill42

Florence Travel Guide: 5,034 reviews and 11,002 photos

Florence will always hold a special place in my heart and mind, because I was able to be a part of my best friend's wedding there. Words can't express how much it meant to me to be there for that day. Luckily, it was the secoond time to visit along my trip, so I had already seen most of the sights and I was able to just "be" with my friends without any pressures. The same can't be said for my friend!! And I let him know it!! What are best friends for?? ;-)

• Last visit to Florence: Feb 2004
  • Intro Written Mar 25, 2004

• septem's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Hi Jason! very interesting pages about Florence and also your lovely images of this city. Thanks. Juliana

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I agree! Of all of the paintings in the Uffizzi, it spoke to me the clearest. I practically ran through the museum after that. I love that piece!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 8:59 AM

I hope to visit Florence at Easter's. Ciao!

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 2:10 PM

what a great photo of the Duomo! wow! where did you take it from? I'm still trying toget my Florence pages up and running. There is TOO MUCH to do and see!!

• May 4, 2006 at 4:00 AM

Hi. If I want to get to Flo from Rome, I understand I have to take the Trenitalia. My hotel is at Santa Maria Novella n Im coming from Rome central.But the site quote me 6 hrs for journry! Which train station should I select then?

• flying_dolphin7's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Very beautiful photos !!! ...i miss there alot:) You're great photographer. :)

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 4:48 AM

Wow! What gorgeous shots! They're giving me inspiration to get a good camera. Oh... and to go to Italy too!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 1:40 PM

I suggest that you read the book Brunelleschi's Dome by Ross King. It tells of the struggle to build this dome and the breakthrough it was in the architecture of that day. LOVED YOUR PHOTOS OF FLORENCE-I want to return there some day.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 5:51 PM

Superb page, your info is right on the money! Yes, the food here really is unbelievable. And excellent tip mentioning Montalcino for its wine!

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 2:05 PM

Beautiful photos! What a great reason to visit the city again...a wedding. I'll have to try to convince a friend to get married there so I can see it all again too.

Jmill42

“Live With Passion!”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?