"Bangkok" Bangkok by Jmill42

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,398 reviews and 23,172 photos

Bangkok will thrill you on every level. It has all the nightlife and craziness that most people can handle, while offering most foreigners their first glimpse of SE Asian lifestyle. Dirty, congested, grimy all fit Bangkok as well. But, if you can look, and breathe past that, then you will discover a city brimming with life and eclectic energy.

• Last visit to Bangkok: Jan 2004
  • Intro Written Mar 24, 2004

• Apr 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Southern Bus Terminal has been completely rebuilt. Now large, clean, aircon, plenty of eating and well organised

• Aug 23, 2008 at 12:32 AM

We were told "closed" by a REAL policeman-& taken to a gems shop.I refused to get out & the driver swore, not moving. Tourist police tore up our report! Near the boat pier, tuk tuk driver shouted "no boats- river too high!!"I'll NEVER revisit Bangkok.

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Wow, so many pictures, great pictures and sooooo many tips, Bangkok seems to have a lot to offer, lookinf very much forward on going there! thanks!!

• Nov 23, 2007 at 6:16 AM

I LOVE bangkok!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 1:22 PM

Fantastic page full of very usuful info (hotels!) and beautiful pics. Haha, your stories on bargaining reminds me Morocco. I didn't know about Thai boxing.

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Thanks for enjoying my tips! I'm with you in the monk appreciation corner - I love to watch too. I love to get up early in the morning and skulk around the markets, watching the monk rituals.

• zazatann's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 9:12 AM

wow, you did a great page, Jason. I like that!!!

• jenniferhen's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 2:19 PM

I could never get enough of Bangkok....what an interesting and amazing place!

• kylian74's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2004 at 8:15 AM

Yes shoes off..I did that, went to Grand Palace w/sleeveless and gee..have to rush buying new blouse at the store outside, I didn't pay attention to these.YOU got a shot of the Emerald Buddha and I don't have!!!

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 3:53 AM

Nice info and pics - looks like you had a good time! Cheers.

Jmill42

“Live With Passion!”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok