Angkor Wat Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Jmill42 Top 5 Page for this destination
Angkor Wat Warnings and Dangers: 69 reviews and 77 photos
When my tuk-tuk driver was running low on gas, he pulled over to a little house on the side of the road. To my amazement and horror, a little boy brought out an emptied 2 liter of Coke filled with gas! I know this wasn't a government approved gasoline canister, so I got out of the tuk-tuk pronto! Any static spark would blow that whole thing away, but that is just the way they do it here. My suggestion is just to walk a few steps away until the transfer process is complete!
Hey Little Guy!
Normally, I wouldn't put seeing monkeys as a danger, but these things stole my friends hat. And then ran away!! They are the coolest little things, and seeing them in the wild was another first for me, so I was super excited! I was able to get one of them to hold my finger, but I wasn't able to get a shot of that, as I was holding on to my stuff real tight. Plus, we couldn't stop laughing at our friend. Anyway, I was able to get this shot of the monkeys in our tuk-tuk.
Be careful with your little trinkets and hats!
My guide book stated that there are still active landmines around the area of the temples. However, there are clearly marked paths that have been worn down by the amount of traffic, so as long as you stay to the beaten path, you will be fine. Just remember that a few years ago, it wasn't safe to come here, as there were shootings everyday. So, I would tend to believe the landmine story. Better to come back alive and in one piece!
More Reviews (32)
- Central And Quiet Guesthouse
- See All Tuk-tuk Through The Countryside!
- See All Banteay Srei's Best Reliefs
- See All Worshipers
Jmill42's Related Pages
Angkor Wat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Angkor Wat"
- "Angkor Wat Rediscovered"
- "Angkor What?"
- "Facing to the west and stairway to heaven"
- "Angkor Wat: Our Own Personal Tuk Tuk"
- "Angkor Wat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angkor Wat
- Hotels in Angkor Wat
- Transportation in Angkor Wat
- Nightlife in Angkor Wat
- Restaurants in Angkor Wat
- Shopping in Angkor Wat
- Warnings and Dangers in Angkor Wat
- See All...
Explore the World
- Willow River State Park Hotels
- Zunyi Hotels
- Grandyle Village Hotels
- Treasure Beach Hotels
- Clam Gulch
- State of Uttar Pradesh
- Winslow Warnings and Dangers
- Afghanistan Warnings and Dangers
- Speed, drugs and p-ing
- How safe is the seawater
- Weston-Super-Mare Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Nayarit Warnings and Dangers
- Driving in Phoenix
- Varadero Warnings and Dangers
- Pasadena Warnings and Dangers
- Province of Ilocos Sur Warnings and Dangers
- South Carolina Warnings and Dangers
- Wroclaw Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat
- 35 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Angkor Wat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angkor Wat
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 83 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 37 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 38 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 36 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 40 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 39 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 28 reviews, 54 photos