"Unforgettable Stirling" Stirling by Travelchili

Stirling Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 787 photos

*********************************************************************************************************************** Stirling is a lovely Scottish town known to be the gateway to the highlands. Today it is home to some 80,000 people. Most of the travelers head to Stirling because of its famous Castle and the Wallace Monument. However, there is a lot more to Stirling. Some of my most memorable hours passed by - as strange as it may sound - in the cemeteries below the Stirling Castle. It was a very quiet afternoon/evening when I was walking around and it was a very magical place! I found headstones that were hundreds of years old. Only later I read that the oldest headstone dates back as far as 1579!

• Last visit to Stirling: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 1, 2004

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Pity I didn't see the restau review BEFORE my visit to the castle on Monday; next time...

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 5:46 AM

You and my mother would make a great pair. We always joke about her speciality being graveyard photography !

Travelchili

“"I travel, therefore I am"”

Badges & Stats in Stirling

Have you been to Stirling?

Latest Activity in Stirling