"Welcome to my Page-page" Top 5 Page for this destination Page by Bernd_L
Page Travel Guide: 259 reviews and 734 photos
No, I'm not stuttering. This is a page about the city of Page in northern Arizona. It's a small city you barely wouldn't find if it would not be on the route between Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon. As the way between this world-famous tourist-spots is long we decided to make a stopover halfway at Page. And we did not regret doing so. This nice little city is well worth a visit.
The history of Page dates back only a few decades. In the fifties of the last century construction of Glen-Canyon-Dam was started in order to block the Colorado-River and to build Lake Powell. The workers lived in a camp near the construction site which was called Camp Page.
Besides providing the power-plant at Glen Canyon Dam with water Lake Powell became an paradise for water activities. So it's not surprising that the city not only survived the finishing of the dam but became a prospering tourist destination.
Its perfect location in a stunning landscape contributed to this success. More than 3 million visitors travel to Page each year. It is true, you are in the desert here, but the colours and the forms of the rocks and the deep gorges dug by the Colorado River are breathtaking. And if you have a closer look you'll find green plants which defy the draught and build a fabulous contrast to the red rocks.
And just a few kilometres outside of Page you find the Antelope Canyon. It's a narrow slot canyon formed by the water into an impressing shape. The best time to visit it is at noon when the sun is high. Then the colours and shadows are performing a real spectacle.
- In a nutshell:A must on the route between Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon
In my opinion this is the most attractive canyon I have seen during my trip through the Southwest of the United States.... more travel advice
This picturesque bow of the Colorado River is just a few minutes outside of Page. Over millions of years the river cut... more travel advice
Bernd_L's Related Pages
Page Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Page Az...where cowboys & Indians play the day."
- "Newest Town in the US"
- "Welcome to my Page-page"
- "Page...A Beautiful Venue"
- "An itty-bitty page about Page"
- "A page on Page - What's that?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Page
- Hotels in Page
- Transportation in Page
- Nightlife in Page
- Restaurants in Page
- Shopping in Page
- Warnings and Dangers in Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Page
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Page?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Page
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Island Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremen Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues