"Formentera - sunny paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera by Bernd_L
Isla de Formentera Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 270 photos
The small island of Formentera is one of the last remaining paradises of the Mediterranian. It's not much there to see, but its main attractions are its gorgeous beaches with crystal cleer water and its unspoiled landscape.
As the island is so small (only 82 sq.km) an own airport is out of question. So you have to go by plane to Ibiza and take a ferry to Formentera. This inconvienience probably saved the island from being built up with big hotels and it remained in its original style. There is tourism of course, but its not the masses but the individualists who go there. And a lot of them are regulars who return again and again.
Formentera belongs to the Balearic Islands and is situated a few kilometers south of Ibiza. Its normal population of about 7.000 increases significantly during the summer months when vacationers visit the island for some relaxation on its beaches. But even in the peak season you'll always be able to find a spot where it's not overcrowded.
Formentera consists of two elevations that are connected by a narrow bridge of flat country and therefore has the shape of a big bone. Most of the small villages and even the capital San Francesc have a rural character. Only the town of Es Pujols is a little bit touristic. So if you want to see Spain as it was before they spoiled their coast with concrete blocks, then visit Formentera.
For further info about the island have a look at this website
- Pros:Great beaches and unspoiled nature
- Cons:Not much attractions
- In a nutshell:Caribbean feeling in the Mediterranian
Formentera isn't that well known for nightlife as its neighbour Ibiza. There are no fancy discos. But during the night... more travel advice
Although this small fishing village already has some guesthouses, life is still very quite here. There are still some... more travel advice
Bernd_L's Related Pages
Isla de Formentera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Formentera - sunny paradise"
- "Isla Formentera...Benvinguts!"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "Formentera - As blue as cobalt"
- "Wonderful Formentera"
- "The Caribbeans in the Mediterranean Sea"
- "FORMENTERA, A PARADISE ON EARTH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Formentera
- Hotels in Isla de Formentera
- Transportation in Isla de Formentera
- Nightlife in Isla de Formentera
- Restaurants in Isla de Formentera
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Formentera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Formentera
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Isla de Formentera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Formentera
Photos in Isla de FormenteraSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 75 reviews, 96 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Island Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Formentera Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Oslo Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bremen Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues