"A Hopeful Future" Top 5 Page for this destination Afghanistan by Jacquelynn
Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,136 photos
I absolutely loved the time spent in Afghanistan, and I was surprised at how beautiful and scenic the country can be. In the spring, we could see huge snow capped mountains, forming the background for green land. In a typical drive, you can see camels, donkeys, and herds of sheep being tended - sometimes by very small children. The summer is, of course, very hot and dusty.
Afghanistan has been troubled with decades of violence. While the safety situation is improving, this country is still dangerous. I would not recommend travelling here at this time unless you are with an organization that can provide protected lodging and transportation around the country. During my few months, there were a few vehicles that exploded, a few mines that went off, a kidnapping of a European female, and some rockets that landed nearby.
I sincerely hope that stability can be reached in this beautiful and deeply historical country. With continued support, hopefully the return of terrorists and their organizations can be prevented.
Keep up with the latest development on www.afghanistannews.net
Pick up the Bradt mini guide to Kabul: www.bradt-travelguides.com
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and deep history
- Cons:Still Dangerous
Decades of war have created over two million orphans in Afghanistan. If you have an opportunity to visit the orphanages,... more travel advice
This mosque is located near the river and has a beautiful blue dome. more travel advice
Jacquelynn's Related Pages
Afghanistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afghanistan, Where I work"
- "A Hopeful Future"
- "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- "Incredible Afghanistan..."
- "Afghanistan after the Taliban"
- "Many guns and loads of smiles..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afghanistan
- Hotels in Afghanistan
- Transportation in Afghanistan
- Nightlife in Afghanistan
- Restaurants in Afghanistan
- Shopping in Afghanistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Afghanistan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Afghanistan
- 16 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Afghanistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afghanistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Afghanistan Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Okinawa Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Tahiti Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Monaco Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Nevada Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maryland Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Arizona Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos