"Breathtaking scenery and Orcas!" San Juan Islands by maryellen50
San Juan Islands Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 102 photos
Just returned from staying 4 days on San Juan Island. It was just as beautiful and breathtaking as everyone describes. We stayed at Roche Harbor - not memorable for a $130 night 1 bedroom condo but O.K. Restaurants were great. We used http://www.mayaswhalewatch.biz/ highly recommended for whale watching. We did see 8 whales on our morning boat ride which was out of this world to see those giants(Orcas) performing in the ocean. Captain Jim is very knowledgeable with only 6 people on his boat unlike most carried up to 16 people. Kayak trip with http://www.outdoorodysseys.com/ and very pleased. Weather is more sunny and dry than Seattle - not so much rain.
- Pros:Breathtaking scenery and wildlife and kayaking
- Cons:Not for the budget conscious
- In a nutshell:The gorgeous San Juan Islands
We used Maya's Whale Watching which is highly recommended on the internet. We saw 8 whales on our morning trip which was... more travel advice
We rented a car once we arrived from the short flight from Seattle. I would highly recommend renting a car ($40/day)... more travel advice
maryellen50's Related Pages
San Juan Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Breathtaking scenery and Orcas!"
- "San Juan Islands , WA..... Not in Caribbean!"
- "Where Boats are More Important than Autos"
- "San Juan Islands"
- "Roche Harbor"
- "Cruising the San Juan Islands"
- "San Juan Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Juan Islands
- Hotels in San Juan Islands
- Transportation in San Juan Islands
- Restaurants in San Juan Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in San Juan Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Juan Islands
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to San Juan Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Juan Islands
Photos in San Juan IslandsSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.