"Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge" De Leon Springs by maryellen50
De Leon Springs Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 18 photos
Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge was established as a refuge for migratory waterfowl and wading birds. There are over 21,000 acres within the refuge boundaries, mostly marsh, rivers and lakes.
The diversity of wildlife on the refuge is typical of the central Florida wetlands. Approximately 200 species of birds, 42 species of mammals, 58 species of reptiles, 33 species of amphibians and 68 species of fish thrive on the refuge.
The refuge encompasses two large lakes offering sights of diverse habitats and a variety of wildlife. Fishing and boating the warm waters are the primary recreations offered at Lake Woodruff, Lake Dexter and St. Johns River.
- Pros:Excellent Bird & Alligator Viewing Area
- In a nutshell:Great Escape from Orlando Theme Parks
maryellen50's Related Pages
De Leon Springs Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in De Leon Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to De Leon Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Leon Springs
Photos in De Leon SpringsSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.