"Orlando Wetlands Park in Christmas, Florida" Christmas by maryellen50
Christmas Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 41 photos
The Orlando Wetlands Park is great to place to come out, relax and enjoy nature. The most popular activities are bird-watching, nature photography, jogging and bicycling. Nature enthusiasts will be greeted by 1,650 acres of hardwood hammocks, marshes and lakes with 20 miles of roads and woodland trails crisscrossing the Park.
In the mid 1980’s the City of Orlando’s Iron Bridge Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant needed more effluent capacity than what was allowed in the Little Econlockhatchee River. In 1986 the City of Orlando purchased 1,650 acres for $5,128,000. In July of 1987 the 1,220 acres wetland treatment system was completed and reclaimed water from Iron Bridge Plant began to flow. The system was designed to polish up to 35 million gallons a day of reclaimed wastewater. The water is conveyed through a four-foot diameter pipeline approximately 17 miles.
Seventeen cells and three different communities were designed to remove excess nutrients from the water. Over 2 million aquatic plants and 200,000 trees were planted to create deep marsh, mixed marsh and hardwood swamp habitats.
- Pros:One of the best birdwatching area in Orlando
- In a nutshell:Perfect escape from Disney and the theme parks
maryellen50's Related Pages
Christmas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHRISTMAS SOUTHERN STYLE"
- "christmas florida"
- "Christmas all year round"
- "Christmas Florida"
- "Orlando Wetlands Park in Christmas, Florida"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christmas
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Christmas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christmas
Photos in ChristmasSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.