"Wildlife at Cedar Key" Cedar Key by maryellen50
Cedar Key Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 48 photos
Cedar Key is on Florida's undeveloped West Coast surrounded by acres & acres of protected lands, including the Lower Suwannee and Cedar Key National Wildlife Refuge, the Waccasassa Bay State Preserve and the Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve composed of tidal salt marsh, coastal islands, sand scrub, cypress swamp, rivers, flood plain, artesian springs, maritime forest and old growth pine forest
This was the first wildlife festival for Cedar Kay with activities ranging from shore birding to birding by boat to aquaculture to kayaking.
Several species of bats make their home in this area of Florida. The Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge has a proactive bat house program for the Brazilian Free-tailed bat and the Rafinesque's Big-eared bat.
- Pros:Beautiful, unspoiled environment
- In a nutshell:Great Weekend Getaway
The Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year; it was established to protect... more travel advice
maryellen50's Related Pages
Cedar Key Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Little fishing village"
- "Nature and History come together"
- "cedar key florida"
- "Still a bit of "Old Florida" left"
- "Wildlife at Cedar Key"
- "CEDAR KEY"
- "Quaint and Charming Cedar Key"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cedar Key
- Hotels in Cedar Key
- Transportation in Cedar Key
- Nightlife in Cedar Key
- Restaurants in Cedar Key
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cedar Key
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cedar Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cedar Key
Photos in Cedar KeySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.