"Aubudon Canyon Ranch" Stinson Beach by maryellen50
Stinson Beach Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 23 photos
The Audubon Canyon Ranch is a private nature preserve, overlooking Bolinas Lagoon and in the shadow of Bolinas Ridge. This stunning canyon with steep trails, tall trees, grassy meadows and freshwater ponds is home to a variety of plants and animals.
Great blue herons, great egrets and snowy egrets have all made nests in the redwood treetops. Spotting scopes are stationed at all lookout locations as well as the visitor center to help visitors see into heronry.
The preserve is three miles north of Stinson Beach on State Highway 1.
Trails at the ranch can be strenuous along the steep canyon and to the Bolinas Ridge, but views are stunning and well worth the climb.
- Pros:A beautiful secluded place to visit for a day trip outside of San Francisco Bay
- In a nutshell:Wonderful Day Escape from the San Francisco
maryellen50's Related Pages
Stinson Beach Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Stinson Beach
- 1 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Stinson Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stinson Beach
Photos in Stinson BeachSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.