"Hayward Regional Shoreline Park" Hayward by maryellen50
Hayward Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
Hayward Regional Shoreline consists of 1,682 acres, including salt, fresh, and brackish water marshes, seasonal wetlands and the approximately three mile San Lorenzo Trail.
The Hayward Shoreline marsh restoration project is one of the largest of its kind on the West Coast, comprising 400 acres of salt, brackish and freshwater marshes.
The Hayward Regional Shoreline is a great place for seeing how the tides affect the bay and the inland marshes. The bayshore changes radically, from wide mudflats at low tide to wave-washed rocky and terraced shores at high tide. On the many bridges in this area you can watch the tide waters rush in and out to feed and drain the sloughs, creeks, and marshes.
- Pros:Great Place to View Birds
- In a nutshell:Great Birding Area in the San Francisco East Bay
maryellen50's Related Pages
Hayward Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hayward, CA.....my self taught swimming days"
- "Hayward Regional Shoreline Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hayward
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hayward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hayward
Photos in HaywardSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.