"Dog Night At Los Angeles Riptide Game" Carson by maryellen50
Carson Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
The Los Angeles Riptide, southern California's newest professional sports franchise, began play during the 2006 season as a member of the 10-team Major League Lacrosse (MLL) league. The AEG owned and operated team, based at The Home Depot Center's 10,000-seat track & field facility, will provide fun, affordable family entertainment showcasing America's "fastest growing team sport" in addition to becoming the foremost resource for the lacrosse community.
The sport of lacrosse, the oldest-known athletic game played in North America, was originally not a sport at all. Called "baggataway" by the North American Indian tribes that founded and played it long before Columbus discovered the New World, lacrosse originated as a ceremonial religious rite. Virtually all tribes of southern Canada and the United States, except those in the Southwest, played some type of lacrosse, and games were usually preceded by solemn rituals and dances. White settlers in the early 17th century gave lacrosse its European name. French Jesuit missionaries felt that the stick used in the contest resembled the type of staff, or crosier, carried by their bishops and known, in French, as la crosse. From then on, baggataway went by the name lacrosse.
The Riptide play their home games at The Home Depot Center Track & Field Stadium on the campus of California State University – Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.
The Home Depot Center is a 125-acre development in Carson, California, featuring state-of-the-art stadiums and facilities for soccer, tennis, track & field, cycling, lacrosse, rugby, volleyball, baseball, softball, basketball and other sports. Designated as an "Official U.S. Olympic Training Site,"
The Home Depot Center is the nation's most complete training facility for Olympic, amateur and professional athletes.
- Pros:Great way to spend an outdoor evening with your pet!
- Cons:Wish there were more pet-oriented sports events!
- In a nutshell:The first Los Angeles professional sports event with your pet!
maryellen50's Related Pages
Carson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where I live now."
- "Carson has it all-IKEA, Jollibee, Goodyear Blimp!"
- "Carson, CA"
- "Dog Night At Los Angeles Riptide Game"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carson
- Hotels in Carson
- Restaurants in Carson
- Warnings and Dangers in Carson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carson
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Carson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carson
Photos in CarsonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Nicaragua Intro, 24 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copper Canyon Intro, 15 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Intro, 14 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 12 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 9 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salt Lake City Intro, 5 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Keys Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.