"Yallingup "Place of Love"" Yallingup by JAS2
Yallingup Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 43 photos
Yallingup means 'Place of Love' in Aboriginal.
Accoriding to Aboriginal legend, a bad spirit, Wolgine, lived in the cave, which used to run down to the sea.
The tribes people were terrified of him; they thought that he was responsible for the scarcity of food and water, and beleived that anyone entering the cave would suffer a horrible death at his hands. So they enlisted the help of a good spirit, Ngilgi, who caused a great storm which drove Wolgine into the main cavern of the cave where Ngilgi forced him through the roof and he was banished forvever.
The Wardanup Trail
5km, 2 1/2 Hours
The Quenda Trail
This is named after the short nosed brown bandicoot seen in the area.
4km, 2 Hours
The Torpedo Trail
2km, 1 Hour
The Ghost Trail
700m, 1/2 Hour
The Caves Trail
500m 15 Mins
JAS2's Related Pages
Yallingup Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yallingup "Place of Love""
- "Canal Rocks, Yallingup, Caves."
- "Yallingup is famous for it's surfing beach."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yallingup
- Hotels in Yallingup
- Transportation in Yallingup
- Restaurants in Yallingup
- Shopping in Yallingup
- Warnings and Dangers in Yallingup
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yallingup
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Yallingup?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yallingup
Photos in YallingupSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Broken Hill Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tin Can Bay Intro, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 17 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bingara Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Silverton Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Magnetic Island Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bunyip Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yallingup Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Port Campbell Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mildura Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos