Berat Things to Do Tips by frockland Top 5 Page for this destination
Berat Things to Do: 74 reviews and 200 photos
This church is located at the south side of the castle complex and offers beautiful views.
The oldest Mosque of Berat is the Red Mosque, named after the colour of the red bricks where its built of.
The seven arch bridge crossing the Orsum River was built in the 18th century by Kurd Pasha and it’s said that one of his wives was sacrificed and buried inside on of the arches to keep God happy and prevent the city of any catastrophes.
Mangalem was the part of Berat where the Muslim population was living. The white houses climbing up the hill opposite the Citadel is one of Albania’s best images. The windows of Mangalem gave the city the nick name “City Of thousand Windows”. Everywhere in the streets is a laid back atmosphere to enjoy.
Gorica was the quarter of the poorer people of Berat. It’s a pleasant walk but good shoes are important, especially when it rains and the streets are slippery.
The citadel is dominating Berati. Located on the top of the hill it offers magnificent views on the lower parts of the city. Inside the castle walls there are still people living in about 300 houses and so there are no entrance fees or opening hours. The narrow streets are picturesque and enjoyable to stroll thru.
frockland's Related Pages
Berat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Berat, the thousand windows city"
- "Berat - History"
- "thecity of the thousand windows"
- "2400 years old town"
- "under construction"
- "The City of Thousand Windows"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berat
- Hotels in Berat
- Transportation in Berat
- Restaurants in Berat
- Shopping in Berat
- Warnings and Dangers in Berat
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cala Millor
- Pattipola Hotels
- Laurentian Mountains Hotels
- Moga Hotels
- Santa Rosa Hotels
Badges & Stats in Berat
- 8 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Berat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berat
Photos in BeratSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 48 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Albania Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos
- Likoma Island Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malawi Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Maclear Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sulingen Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ethiopia Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues