"Aksum - The Oldest City In Ethiopia" Top 5 Page for this destination Axum by frockland
Axum Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 593 photos
Aksum is full of history and its Ethiopia`s holiest city. This was the place were King Ezana declared Christianity to be state religion. And it’s the place were the original Arch of the Convent is stored.
When you stroll through the streets its hard to believe that this tiny little city once was the capital of the powerful Zagwa Empire but there are quite a lot of historic relicts waiting for you to be discovered.
The modern Aksum is a nice and pleasant town with parks and palm tree alleys. Its worth to stay for a couple of days!
Aksum is off the beaten track and it takes a while to get here or to reach your next destination by bus. If you follow... more travel advice
King Basen`s tomb was to me a bit disappointing and more looking like a simple hole in the ground than a grave. more travel advice
frockland's Related Pages
Axum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aksum and Debre Damo"
- "HOME OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT"
- "Aksum - The Oldest City In Ethiopia"
- "The tourist capital of the north"
- "Ancient Capital of Abyssinia..."
- "City of obelisks and the stolen Arch"
- "AXUM VILLAGE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Axum
- Hotels in Axum
- Transportation in Axum
- Restaurants in Axum
- Shopping in Axum
- Warnings and Dangers in Axum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Axum
- 18 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Axum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Axum
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 48 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Albania Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos
- Likoma Island Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malawi Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Maclear Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sulingen Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ethiopia Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues