"Moyale – border to Kenya" Moyale by frockland
Moyale Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 9 photos
Everybody travelling overland to Kenya goes via Moyale. Actually its two towns: one on the Ethiopian side and one on the Kenyan side.
Moyale is nothing else than a typical border town. This is obvious because of the plenty of shops selling everything a traveller needs. Everything is a little bit more expensive. There are many barbershops and it’s the last chance to stock up with chat. Around the many shops selling chat there are plenty of leaves laying in the street. Most of the goats and the cheap were looking pretty much stoned, like some of the men!
There are more Muslims than in other parts of the country because here are many people coming from Somaliland.
The kids and sometimes even the adults were extremely annoying in constantly asking for money, or everything else they wanted. Because of the near to Kenya most of them speak a little bit English and so it happened a few times that I received a loud *** off when I didn´t gave money!
There is no problem in travelling towards Nairobi. Simply cross the border do the immigration formalities (5 minutes)... more travel advice
The bus station is in the middle of the town. There is no public transport into Kenya or even to the Kenyan side of... more travel advice
frockland's Related Pages
Moyale Travel Guide
- Hotels in Moyale
- Transportation in Moyale
- Shopping in Moyale
- Warnings and Dangers in Moyale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moyale
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Moyale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moyale
Photos in MoyaleSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 48 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Albania Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos
- Likoma Island Intro, 26 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malawi Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 33 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cape Maclear Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sulingen Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ethiopia Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues