"Manabi - Great Balones!" Provincia de Manabí by namastedc
Provincia de Manabí Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 868 photos
Manabi is know for, among other things, its great balones. THey are different than balones (a food, by the way, made out of plantains) in that they have peanuts and peanut butter in them - if they're on the menu, and you've got a healthy appetite - get 'em!
Manabi also has great beaches - including Puerto Lopez, Puerto Rico, Manta, and others.
Puerto Lopez is a fishing village that has become a tourist destination. Thought the town lacks many of the comforts of the city, it does offer restaurants and bars, as well as internet - not much more though.
The beaches are generally clean, the water very safe for swimming, and the cliffs at the end of the beach are great to explore.
Probably the most quiet beach in the country. But, the best if you want to get away from it all.
There are a few hotels along the beach to choose from. There is hiking nearby, and great cliffs to explore.
The waves are HUGE!!!
Be careful of the weird blue/green jellyfish creatures that wash in with the tide during the colder season (seem to be... more travel advice
Agua Blanca is a small community just off the main road between Puerto Lopez and the famous 'Los Frailes' beach. For a... more travel advice
namastedc's Related Pages
Provincia de Manabí Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Provincia de Manabí
- Hotels in Provincia de Manabí
- Transportation in Provincia de Manabí
- Nightlife in Provincia de Manabí
- Restaurants in Provincia de Manabí
- Shopping in Provincia de Manabí
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Manabí
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Manabí
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Provincia de Manabí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Manabí
Photos in Provincia de ManabíSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guayaquil Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Quito Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Cuenca Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Provincia de Manabí Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riobamba Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Panama 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Baños Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Ambato Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos