"Gstaad" Switzerland by antonela
Switzerland Travel Guide: 14,145 reviews and 41,834 photos
Gstaad is great, probably too expensive for the average tourist, but it helps is you know people there. We visited often as my daughter Delenia and her husband chef worked there.
It is rather expensive to stay there as it is mostly a ski resort for the rich and famous, so you could during high season, sit next to someone like Roger Moore or such like stars. much of a night life, exept for pubs where , the local staff working at various hotels , get together after hours to have a drink and some fun. Otherwise, everyone is probably shacked up in their gorgeous little wooden chalets. During the day, obviously, there is some mean skiing, snow tanning, and eating> Gstaad is also well known for the yearly Tennis tournaments.
Gstaad is really stunning, and very popular with the rich and famous.
Even if you are not, you will surely feel like one.Ok I will be honest with you, i did try to skii , and I am not very fond of it, I prefer the warm mediterranean waters. But i could spend hours looking at the people flying past me on their skiis, and they start as early as 2 years old.
Is .... a tourist visits places and thinks about going back home...
A traveller forgets about home, and wants to see places.
Thats the way i think. I get lost in time, I know it is not possible when we have a job or family to get back home to, but far too many people travel, carrying too much luggage and they deny themselves the joy of travel.
Switzerland is rich in lakes one of the largest is Neuchatel lake.
- Pros:Picture perfect, expensive but worth a day visit.
- Cons:Probably too manicured as for most of Switzerland.
- In a nutshell:You must go there at least once.
antonela's Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Locri Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos
- Sun City Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Africa Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paarl Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Austria Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Corfu Island Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Greece Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Top Switzerland hotels
- Geneva Hotels
- 980 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Lucerne Hotels
- 946 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Zürich Hotels
- 1860 Reviews - 5529 Photos
- Interlaken Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1355 Photos
- Lugano Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 1036 Photos
- Lausanne Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 879 Photos
- Zermatt Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1494 Photos
- Beatenberg Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Basel Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1348 Photos
- Lauterbrunnen Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 779 Photos
- Engelberg Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Bern Hotels
- 591 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Cointrin Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Montreux Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 414 Photos
- Wengen Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 169 Photos