"It aint just about 'The Boro'!" Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough by BalkanJazz
Middlesbrough Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 369 photos
I am from Stockton-on-Tees. It is close to Middlesbrough and Middlesbrough is part of the Teesside conurbation. That makes me a Teessider!
Like many 'Teessider's', I have a pride in where I am from and see the area as intrinsic to who I am. It's a 'North' thing! Many outsiders have negative things to say about the area, and without actually agreeing with them, I can understand how their opinion may derive.
Whilst I personally think that the urban part of Teesside is not exactly beautiful, it certainly has a lot of character and individuality based on its industrial skyline.
However, when I think of 'home', I do not just think about Teesside, but the area around it - the 'backyard' which I have repeatedly and joyously explored through my life. In that respect, I can't believe my luck in being born here. I mean, the North Sea coast is 8 miles (12km) from me and I have 2 major National Parks (North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales) within 30 miles. The Lake District is an easy day trip away, as is the Northumberland Coast.
For everybody who, rightly or wrongly, speaks negatively about Teesside, there is an amazing compensation in its environs. This is what my Middlesbrough page is about - a celebration of those environs.... of'My Backyard'...
THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOWS 'TEESMOUTH', THE ESTUARY WHERE THE RIVER TEES ENTERS THE NORTH SEA. DESPITE THE INDUSTRIAL SKYLINE, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT WILDLIFE AREA FOR BIRDS. ALSO, THE AREA TO THE RIGHT IS KNOWN AS 'SEAL SANDS'. NO PRIZES FOR GUESSING WHY.......
BalkanJazz's Related Pages
Middlesbrough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'You're Just A Small Town On Teesside'"
- "Keeweechic's Middlesbrough"
- "It aint just about 'The Boro'!"
- "some interesting stuff in Middlesbrough"
- "Whitby on the North Sea"
- "Middlesbrough: Bridges and Bridges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middlesbrough
- Hotels in Middlesbrough
- Transportation in Middlesbrough
- Nightlife in Middlesbrough
- Restaurants in Middlesbrough
- Shopping in Middlesbrough
- Warnings and Dangers in Middlesbrough
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Middlesbrough
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Middlesbrough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middlesbrough
Top 10 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Split Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgrade Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arizona 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 1 photo
Latest Middlesbrough hotel reviews
- Premier Inn Middlesbrough
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Thistle Middlesbrough
- 234 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Best Western Highfield Hotel
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Marton Hotel & Country Club
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Hotel Baltimore
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013