"Chapala ... recover!" Chapala by Gatopardo
Chapala Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
It was twice when we visited Chapala, Aaron wanted to drive there while waiting for our flight at 2.00 pm.
Chapala is conveniently located, aboud 37 kms from Guadalajara Airport, not so far from the city, close and distance at once.
We found it very quiet when we visited it, enjoyed the sunrise, we watched the birds and pelicans, the fishing men coming back with the boat full of mojarras.
The lake used to hold more water, but in my memories i remember it started polluted and dry, now i see it more cared, they have a pretty nice malecon, with some statues, and even though there's still have acquatic plants all the shore stills a nice stop for a rest. I bet hundres and hundrers of guadalajareños visit the place, it looks like having all the services needed to forget the city for a quick visit.
There are boat rides at the entrance of the malecon, they offer a ride to an island.
- Pros:Perfect distance to the airport!
- Cons:Maybe to close from the city to find it too crowded in holidays!
Gatopardo's Related Pages
Chapala Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Chapala
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Chapala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chapala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zacatecas Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mérida Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guadalajara Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de San Luis Potosí Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oxkutzcab Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malpaso Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- La Quemada Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Villanueva Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue