"La Quemada - "Chicomostoc" Legend" Villanueva by Gatopardo
Villanueva Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 18 photos
Here remains the ancient and very important location of La Quemada, the name, taken by this twice ruins place - was it a Fort? A religious center? Market place? It's uknown and the secret is on the wall, in the encoutered stair, in the height, or the hall with a great collapsed roof.
La Quemada was also Chicomostoc, the place of the 7 caves - where Aztecs started the journey to find the promised land - Tenochtitlan?
By the location, La Quemada tells us a history that really happened and stopped in time.
This is the best place for me, when I lived in Zacatecas (my ex-home town) I enjoyed to drive there or take the bus from Zacatecas - Destination Villanueva (cost $15.00) You have to drop yourself in the main road and walk about 1 kilometer, it has a very good museum where you learn from what you see and unstertand better where you step.
Bring a sneak and water - also a jacket if it's colder. Regular clothes in summer (blue jeans and shirt) a jacket in winter (zacatecas is very dry and cold).
Honestly - You really need good health and fondition to clibm or just walk! Bring comfortable tenis shoes and clothing.
This is the place for good meditation. Very silence.
- Pros:Great for Archealogy Site Hunters!
- Cons:Close at 5 and you cannot camp there.
- In a nutshell:Not only cactus...there are more behind!
Gatopardo's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Villanueva
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Villanueva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villanueva
Photos in VillanuevaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zacatecas Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mérida Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guadalajara Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de San Luis Potosí Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oxkutzcab Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malpaso Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- La Quemada Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Villanueva Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue