"A bite of the rockies in Colorado State." Rocky Mountain National Park by Gatopardo

Rocky Mountain National Park Travel Guide: 272 reviews and 639 photos

Part of a continent.

From Mexico to Alaska lies a mountain chain known as the rockie montains.

Visitin the Rocky Mountain National Park is very good experience I would recommend to everybody, just make sure weather is acceptable.

A rich ecosystem, hydrology and an impressive topography makes this place a complete stop for 1 day trip to several days stay.

Enjoy the view.

As almost every park in the National Park System, there is a nice visitor center, facilities and good spots to stop for a view. Grab a good map and explore by yourself the trails and take lots of pictures to the flora and fauna.

Mountain goats, elk, marmots and ... elevation.

There are animals spread here and there, we didn't really leave the road much, we stopped to see the peaks and the fauna, we spotted marmots, birds, elk, mountain goats, among dozens of chimpmunks, it was really a nice experience.

I enjoyed this visit, my husband and I had a good time, except that we are not used to the elevation, I felt a bit tired than usual!! it goes a bit more higher than 3,600 mts, and I thought I was going to feel just fine! I better get used to higher places if I want to keep climbing!

• Pros:Beautiful Scenic Drive!
  • Cons:The restaurant and souvernir shopping can turn into a nightmare in a crowded day!
  • Last visit to Rocky Mountain National Park: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2008

Comments

Badges & Stats in Rocky Mountain National Park

Have you been to Rocky Mountain National Park?

Latest Activity in Rocky Mountain National Park