"Old West on the 66 Route." Wickenburg by Gatopardo
Wickenburg Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 57 photos
During out last trip through Arizona, Nevada and Utah, Wickenburg was the firt stop while driving to Las Vegas, it was worth the stop, the strech and the walk.
As soon as you enter the town and hit downtown, points of interest will pop on the streets, they have a museum that is for some, woth the 7 dollars per person, it has plenty information about the town, some archaeology and a very peculiar description of how people lived past century, it includes a small town inside, with a cantina and a moreless a typical house. I like those sort of things. Also, a very interesting colleciton of guns, including some stuff from the Lone Ranger and other funny characters.
They currently have an exposition of local artists, there are some pretty good works, there were two outstanting portraits that easily stand as a photography, lovely colors, if you like portraits of locals.
There is also information of the history of the 66 route, I enjoyed to see photographs and read certain facts of this particular road, we have drove a portion of it along arizona, so we started to find it a bit more meaningful since it has stop at couple of our favorite towns spread on this dry hot soil.
Gatopardo's Related Pages
Wickenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Wickenburg Page"
- "Wickenburg's Great - No Lie!"
- "W i c k e n b u r g"
- "Jumping in Wickenberg!"
- "Old West on the 66 Route."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wickenburg
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Wickenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wickenburg
Photos in WickenburgSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zacatecas Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mérida Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado de Quintana Roo Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guadalajara Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de San Luis Potosí Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malpaso Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Oxkutzcab Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villanueva Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Quemada Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos