"Ceurnavaca" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuernavaca by chris_i79

Cuernavaca Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 200 photos

Cuernavaca is a beautiful city in the shadow of Mexico city (about 1 hour south). The drive from Mexico to Cuernavaca is very scenic as it cuts through a mountain range. It is known as the city of eternal spring and has a nearly perfect climate on sunny skies and 28C (at least while I was there) The city itself is very large (well not compared to Mexico) I am not quite sure how many people live there as I was told anywhere from 150 000 to 1.2 million. I am guessing the actual figure is somewhere in the middle. I was able to spend 5 weeks living in Cuernavaca while attending the Ceuanauhac Spanish school. It was a great experience and my spanish improved a lot. A also was able to visit many `nearby cities including Tepotzlan and Taxco.

The view from the Cuernavaca Cathedral Bell tower

San Anton waterfall in the center of the city, 40 meters in height, unfortunately the water below is quite dirty

• Pros:Sunny warm climate, friendly people, beautiful surroundings
  • Cons:just like all of Mexico there is wide gap between those who have and those that don´t
  • In a nutshell:an afterthought when visiting the area because of Mexico CIty, but shouldn´t be
  • Last visit to Cuernavaca: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 19, 2003

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 11:50 AM

A very nice town in which to improve your Spanish. Especially with the pool ;-]

• jenn_d's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 7:30 PM

How did I skip your pics when I was researching my trip here this past january? We must have stood in the same spot for at least one of our photos :-)

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2003 at 8:39 PM

Sounds like you made good use of your time there.. great experience. Great to get out of the city also... lovely area. I'm sure the tanning sessions went down well:-)

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2003 at 9:41 PM

Very nice photos & experience ! Amazing place ! Regards.

• krizt's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 3:58 PM

Amazing pictures- georgous!

chris_i79

“Point me in the direction of the nearest beach”

Badges & Stats in Cuernavaca

Have you been to Cuernavaca?

Latest Activity in Cuernavaca