Palenque Off The Beaten Path Tips by chris_i79
Palenque Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 9 photos
Looking down from the top of the falls
about an hour and a half away from the Palenque ruins on a very poor road lies the waterfalls of Agua Azul. There are many waterfalls that make up this park. Along side there are venders selling food and sovineers. There is also a area that you can pitch a tent and stay the night. Just a warning, that after a strong rain Agua Azul (Blue water) becomes Agua Cafe (Brown water)
If you head further into the Chiapas jungle you will find the waterfall Misol Ha. It is quite nice, a swimable pool below the falls and a cave going behind it.
More Reviews (2)
chris_i79's Related Pages
Palenque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palenque - The Most Awesome Mayan City!"
- "Palenque, Chiapas"
- "Palenque: A Mayan Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palenque
- Hotels in Palenque
- Transportation in Palenque
- Nightlife in Palenque
- Restaurants in Palenque
- Shopping in Palenque
- Warnings and Dangers in Palenque
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Palenque
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Palenque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palenque
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thunder Bay Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paraguay Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asuncion (Departamento) Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos