"Taxco" Taxco by chris_i79
Taxco Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 35 photos
Taxco is located a couple hours from Mexico City and about 1.5 hours from Cuernavaca. It is a city high in the mountains on the way to Acapulco. The reason most people come to Taxco is not to admire the alpine views or see the beautiful to church but to buy silver.
Taxco is a silver lovers paradise, there are many markets and shops throughout the city that have virtually any form of silver jewellery you can think of. Often the vendors themselvers will be sitting around the center trying to heard tourists into there shops with the promise of a "very good price"
- Pros:Beautiful mountain town, cheap silver available
- Cons:constant sales harrasement
- In a nutshell:Silver, Silver and more Silver
There are many churches in Taxco, but the main chuch in the Zocalo is well worth a visit. It has been under repair for... more travel advice
chris_i79's Related Pages
Taxco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAXCO, Mexico"
- "Small colonial town on a hill"
- "A PEARL IN MEXICO.!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taxco
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Taxco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taxco
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thunder Bay Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paraguay Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asuncion (Departamento) Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cusco Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos