"chris_i79's Paraguay Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Paraguay by chris_i79

Paraguay Travel Guide: 393 reviews and 670 photos

Donde esta Paraguay??

Paraguay is not a country that pops into your head when people mention South America. Generally larger countries such as Brazil and Argentina are thought of.... In fact I bet some people probably don't even know where it is. If you have heard of it and can locate it congrats!! But for those who can't here is a little hint.

Paraguay is a landlocked country in the heart of South America. It is often overlooked as a tourist destination. After living here for 6 months I can tell you It is a very unique and is much different from its neighboring countries. It definately should not be overlooked.
I have actually been to Paraguay twice. The first time was in March of 2002. I went for 2.5 short weeks to quickly experience the unique culture and country on a trip for school (I am a International Business Graduate). My second time in the country was from Feb to July of 2003. This time I spent 6 months in the country doing a semester abroad. I was working on an economic development program. It was a very educational experience as well as exposing me to different way of thinking and life. I loved my time in the country and would love to return to see if there has been any progress made and visit the friends that I made here.

Here is a picture of me from my appartment in downtown Asuncion. Every night the sunsets in the city were spectacular!!!!

• Pros:off the beaten path location, good weather, affordable, friendly people, taerae!
  • Cons:Humidy, poverty
  • In a nutshell:Usually an after thought in South America but should not be skipped
  • Last visit to Paraguay: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2005

• Nov 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

do you have the driver's number or email? i'm going to asuncion this week and would like to hire him.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Great pages! We plan to vist in Oct.and I'm sure I'll revisit your pages again.

• Kerana5's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2007 at 12:11 PM

I liked what you wrote, just a few spelling corrections: Tereré is the tea, Chipá is the bread. Wish more people would write positive stories like yours! I love Paraguay

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2006 at 5:18 AM

Very interesting travel page about Paraguay. Greetings.

• trek06's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 8:13 PM

Great tips. Someday I must visit there!

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 5:52 AM

Great page! You traveled around, I only did the Jesuit ruins.

• Jun 21, 2005 at 6:50 PM

Hey Chris, I just picked up the book "At the Tomb of the Inflatable Pig" - have you read it? A very anecdotal account of one man's travels through Paraguay. Highly recommend it if you haven't read it already ;-p

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2005 at 8:59 AM

A fantastic page on this rather 'unknown' country, Chris!! You have beautiful photos in your T'logues and plent of great Tips on this country. It must have been quite an experience!

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 11:37 AM

very interesting page! i was there 17 years ago but today i remember teh people were fantastic and El Chaco!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 11:58 AM

Super pages and pictures from Paraguay. Excellent use of your Spanish in your offtime. Is your Guarani improving with your football? ;-]

chris_i79 Used To Live Here!

chris_i79

“Point me in the direction of the nearest beach”

Badges & Stats in Paraguay

Have you been to Paraguay?

Latest Activity in Paraguay