"Bayahibe, La Romana -Republica Dominicana" La Romana by rosariobello
La Romana Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 101 photos
La Romana is a province of the Dominican Republic. The capital is also named La Romana, and is the third-largest town in the country. The province was split from La Altagracia in 1968, and includes both Isla Saona and Isla Catalina.
La Romana is also home to Casa de Campo, one of the world's largest resorts and top golfing destinations. The "Teeth of the Dog" golf course is world-renowned, and many international and local artists perform at "Altos de Chavon", an artistic community and university.
The province as of June 20 2006 is divided into the following municipalities (municipios) and municipal districts (distrito municipal - D.M.) within them:
La Caleta (D.M.)
The following is a sortable table of the municipalities with population figures as of the 2002 census. Urban population are those living in the seats (cabeceras literally heads) of municipalities or of municipal districts. Rural population are those living in the districts (Secciones literally sections) and neighborhoods (Parajes literally places) outside of them.
rosariobello's Related Pages
La Romana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Romana, Cigars and a huge sugar factory"
- "screamin57's new Juan Dolio Page"
- "LA ROMANA"
- "Patricialuv's new La Romana Page"
- "Bayahibe, La Romana -Republica Dominicana"
- "La Romana Dominican Republic 3/09"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Romana
- Hotels in La Romana
- Transportation in La Romana
- Nightlife in La Romana
- Restaurants in La Romana
- Shopping in La Romana
- Warnings and Dangers in La Romana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Romana
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to La Romana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Romana
Photos in La RomanaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- New York State Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- La Romana Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Las Terrenas Intro, 7 photos
- Santiago de los Caballeros Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Juan Dolio Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Colombia Intro, 3 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 3 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- New Jersey Intro, 3 photos