"siilchikk's new Estonia Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Estonia by siilchikk

Estonia Travel Guide: 4,603 reviews and 11,651 photos

On the picture You can see the me and my mother in estonin national clothes....my hometown Tallinn is one of the few remaining walled cities of Europe and attracts many visitors. But you should also see the countryside and the islands with their unique ethnic characteristics.
The people are related to the Finns and have rich ethnic customs, which they have retained, even though they have been an independent country for less than 30 of the last 500 years. For most of the last 300 years they were ruled by the Russians, from whom they regained their freedom in 1991. The country is mostly flat except for some highlands in the south-eastern corner. Islands off the western coast make up 10% of the country's area. It is in these islands that Estonian culture has survived best, and brightly colored costumes are still worn by the women.

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2010 at 4:30 AM

Hi and Shalom, you say enjoy the summer, but we hope to visit in spring (wife is teacher), what can we expect in April? Martin

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Hi, enjoyed my visit in July, now thinking of going to see your lovely town in winter - hope theres snow - and with lots of xmas markets!

• Jun 5, 2007 at 2:20 AM

Don't go eat to Beer House in the old town - it is bad and very expensive! For people who don't care what they get for their money. Go and have a drink there, interior is not bad.

• banshee11's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM

beautiful page, hope to visit estonia soon, i'm reading a lot about it these days...

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 9:28 AM

wonderful pages about my favourite country in europe! how come that i've never seen them before?!

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Hi Triin, Great set of pages. I loved my visit to Tallinn and hope to come back and see some more of your great country soon. By the way when is mid summer day it sounds great. Teriviseks! Dez

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Yes, i guess it *is* important to break the ice first! And I like the idea of a country whose currency is the "eek" :-))

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 8:01 AM

Wonderful information & photos of Estonia. Thanks for sharing & happy new year!

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Great page! I'm looking forward to come to Eesti one day, maybe in 3-4 years, as I have a huge number of countries to visit. Have a look at my homepage and you'll understand why.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 6:39 AM

Estonia is a place I'm very interested in, I'd love to go there. The photos on your page are extremely beautiful! My bf recently visited Tallinn and he was enchanted! Pity that you're not in VT anymore, your pages are splendid!

siilchikk

“no matter how far you journey in life,you can never leave home”

Badges & Stats in Estonia

Have you been to Estonia?

Latest Activity in Estonia