"Tuscan jewels..." Poppi by Sarita76
Poppi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Poppi's ancient castle is one of Tuscany's best preserved buildings and a pure example of medieval art.
The must-see-places of Romena are the Castle and the Pieve.
The Castle of Romena was one of the most famous in Casentino and it was mentioned even by Dante; the Pieve of Romena is one of the best examples of the sacred medieval architecture.
The monastery of Camaldoli, founded in the 11th century by Saint Romualdo is located inside the old forests of Casentino.
Apart from the monastery, there's a church, a lodge and an ancient pharmacy.
While the hermitage is located on the Appennine (1100 mt), the monastery is 3 km away, but they're both surrounded by a... more travel advice
Sarita76's Related Pages
Poppi Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Poppi
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Poppi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poppi
Photos in PoppiSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 93 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 26 reviews, 28 photos
- Pisa Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Genoa Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Spezia Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massa Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Munich Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Poppi Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Bisceglie Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos