"Lubbock" Top 5 Page for this destination Lubbock by where2next
Lubbock Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 90 photos
I lived in Lubbock a couple times while on undergraduate internships. It was my first time living out of New York State, and so it was cool to be in new place. Lubbock was actually an okay place to live. It's a small town so no traffic, though with a population of about 200,000 it has all the main amenities of any city whether it be good restaurants or golf courses.
Buddy Holly is one of Lubbock's famous sons. He and his band made some great tunes. It's too bad that he died so young in the plane crash.
Don't get too close! This was taken out at Buffalo Springs lake during the Balloon Fest.
- Pros:Small Town
- Cons:Somewhat Far Away From Things
Buffalo Springs Lake held a balloon fest while I lived there. It was pretty cool seeing the initial lift-off of... more travel advice
where2next's Related Pages
Lubbock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Lubbock Page"
- "Great College Town"
- "Hub of the South Plains"
- "barisadlertx's new Lubbock Page"
- "Randy_H's new Lubbock Page"
- "West Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lubbock
- Hotels in Lubbock
- Transportation in Lubbock
- Nightlife in Lubbock
- Restaurants in Lubbock
- Warnings and Dangers in Lubbock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubbock
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lubbock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubbock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cleveland Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Piran Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.