"The Eagle Has Landed" Dubuque by where2next
Dubuque Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 128 photos
I stopped in Dubuque on my way between Cedar Rapids and Wisconsin. The person at the tourist info desk recommended seeing the eagles near the lock. Upon arriving, I was very surprised to see many Bald Eagles. She said that they gather in this particular area because there is open water (i.e. not covered by ice). Several eagles flew over the open water looking for fish though I did not see any dive in. So if your in the area during the winter, bring your binoculars and check them out.
Dubuque has some interesting buildings along Main Street. This tower is just a block or two from the visitor's center.... more travel advice
where2next's Related Pages
Dubuque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dubuque: Iowa's First City"
- "Dubuque, IA"
- "I love Dubuque!"
- "Let's Do Dubuque!"
- "The Eagle Has Landed"
- "Dubuque Page by Victoria"
- "roghan's new Dubuque Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubuque
- Hotels in Dubuque
- Transportation in Dubuque
- Restaurants in Dubuque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubuque
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Dubuque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubuque
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Grand Canyon Intro, 7 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Charleston Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cleveland Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Piran Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.