"Roman Ruins" Ruínas de Conimbriga by PFerreira
Ruínas de Conimbriga Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 119 photos
Has been inhabited since neolithic times, has had presence in the chalcolitic and Bronze age. It is certain that the Celtics were here: the names ending in "briga" are a clear testimony of their presence. Conímbriga was therefore a castle when the Romans arrived here in 138 BC and took over the Oppidum. In the time of the Emperor Augustus, the Forum and the baths were the first buildings to be built. The water came from a place today known as Mãe-d'Agua de Alcabideque and through an aqueduct which is still visible today.
PFerreira's Related Pages
Ruínas de Conimbriga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Coimbra to Conimbriga"
- "check out the Roman city in Portugal"
- "Roman ruins look good even today"
- "The Roman Ruins of Conimbriga"
- "Ruinas de Conimbriga"
- "Ruínas de Conimbriga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ruínas de Conimbriga
- Transportation in Ruínas de Conimbriga
- Restaurants in Ruínas de Conimbriga
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ruínas de Conimbriga
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Ruínas de Conimbriga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ruínas de Conimbriga
Photos in Ruínas de ConimbrigaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Ilha do Sal Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Coimbra Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Óbidos Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 8 photos, 4 travelogues
- Fátima Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ruínas de Conimbriga Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Foz do Arelho Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tunisia Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Mafra Intro, 1 review, 1 photo