"Honolulu" Honolulu by PSK808
Honolulu Travel Guide: 2,003 reviews and 4,783 photos
Weather on all of the Hawaiian islands is very consistent, with only moderate changes in temperature throughout the year. This is possible due to the year-round warm sea surface temperatures, which keeps the overlying atmosphere warm as well. In practical terms there are only 2 seasons here: the summer months (called Kau in Hawaiian) that extend from May to October and the winter months (Ho'oilo) that run from November to April. The average day-time summer temperature at sea level is 85 degrees F. (29.4 C) while the average day-time winter temperature is 78 degrees (25.6 C). Night-time temperatures are approximately 10 degrees F. lower.
Visitors to Hawaii will find that it is a marvel of nature. As a result of the shielding effect of her volcanic mountains and the differences in weather found at various elevations, there are as many different climate zones here as exist along the entire coast stretching from Alaska to Costa Rica. The islands can be described as an incredibly diverse collection of many micro-environments, each possessing unique weather, plants and animals. To see the full impact of this natural wealth visitors only need to explore the islands by car, or helicopter and they will be struck by the beauty of tropical rain forests, cool alpine regions, stony deserts and sunny beaches, all within the span of just a few short miles.
- Pros:Beautiful weather, beaches, sun!
At Compadres you'll find, festive Mexican dining and a great place to party! Their extensive menu is full of dishes that... more travel advice
Shorts, t-shirts, maybe a light jacket for the evening (a very light one, it doesn't really get cold in... more travel advice
PSK808's Related Pages
Honolulu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Honolulu"
- "Home Away From Home"
- "THE REAL HAWAII IS HONOLULU"
- "Waikiki - Number one attraction!"
- "December 7 1941, A Date That Will Live In Infamy."
- "The family in Hawaii for 6 months"
- "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Honolulu
- Hotels in Honolulu
- Transportation in Honolulu
- Nightlife in Honolulu
- Restaurants in Honolulu
- Shopping in Honolulu
- Warnings and Dangers in Honolulu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Honolulu
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Honolulu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Honolulu
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 19 reviews, 10 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Delhi Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parma Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honolulu Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos